Sunday, December 10, 2006

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care

Well, I'm sure you know how the rest of the poem goes, but the stockings are both knitted and felted and hanging just waiting to be filled.

Now I have two red velour stockings with no purpose. I think I'll save them and use them as gift bags or something.

Project Info (Stocking on Left)
Pattern: based on Rainbow Stocking by Barbara Albright in
Christmas Stockings - 18 Holiday Treasures to Knit
Yarn: Noro Kureyon #87, just over 3 skeins
Needles: addi TURBO -US# 11 / 8.0 mm
Gauge: didn't check gauge
Pre-felting Measurements: 33" long, 10" wide
Final Measurements: 20" long, 7" wide

9 comments:

Monika said...

Very nice picture!

Bezzie said...

Very cool! I love the way they both turned out!! And I like your little cone-y holly thing between them too (I can't remember what you call those things!)

Anonymous said...

great use of noro! they look wonderful hanging there.

Zonda said...

Awesome job on them! They look great hanging there! :)

Anonymous said...

Love those stockings! They are beautiful!

Using the red velour ones as gift bags is a great idea.

Lauren said...

Those are awesome! Next year I must make stockings!

Alisha said...

Very nice stockings!! I love the colors.

Angela said...

Those look abfab on your mantle...ho-ho-ho!

Ang

Anonymous said...

I love your stockings...the Noro looks great. I would have never thought to choose it. Would you reccommend the book? Are there many patterns?