Friday, December 22, 2006

Fiber Friday - Lizard Ridge Edition

I went shopping yesterday. I had a few errands to run and decided to stop by the local yarn shop and see if they had any colors of Kuyeron I don't yet have for my Lizard Ridge Afghan. I found several colors I didn't have, including color #138 pictured above.

This is Kureyon color # 78. I hadn't seen this color before, so I figured I pick up a skein. It is mostly greens with a little purple and burnt orange color.

The shop also had a lone skein of color #88 that I had to pick up. I think the color has been discontinued and I was hoping to find a skein for the afghan.

I also picked up a skein of color #92. It is sort of a muted rainbow of colors. I have been ordering my Kureyon from Webs because of the discounts available, but none of these colors were available.


The shop has a small rack of buttons up by the register and I always take a look as I stand there waiting to pay. And as usual, I found a little something.

There are two of these ceramic buttons and each one is 1.75 inches wide. I think they will be nice on a bag with a loop closure.

Well, only one more Fiber Friday for 2006. This may be hard for me to participate in for 2007 as it is going to be the year of the stash for me. Although I will have new yarn from the sock club and yarn purchases will be allowed to finish a project. So we'll wait and see.

7 comments:

Bezzie said...

Oh drool! I've never been a big fan of Noro but man, seeing your yarn pron and lizard ridge as it progresses might make a convert out of me!

That button is beautiful as well!

Zonda said...

Those are fabulous!! I love how the pictures show the colors!! Nice work! Love the button too! I need to find out where your LYS is!!

Angela said...

Got some,too at S,N,&H. Not sure which color, but I am going to felt a cell phone case with it. Done knitting, just have to felt. Ruff stuff. Happy knitting of Christmas gifts:)

Ang

Unknown said...

I knew it! You're hooked just like I am! Seriously, great pix. I love this yarn now.

cpurl17 said...

Hmm, maybe Lizard Ridge will need to be my project of 2007--your's is looking too good!!

Great shots as always!!

Mary, Mary... said...

Ah, Lizard Ridge...so brave! thanks for your kind thoughts and Happy Holidays!

PURLPOWER said...

Lovely buttons. Merry Christmas to you and the family.