Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas is Coming

Well I got one more Christmas gift made just in the nick of time. I finished a stepping stone for my SIL. I think this will be the last thing that I do get made for a gift. I hope she likes it. If this turns out to be one of those gifts you hide in the closet and only put out when the giver comes over, she'll probably strain her back with repeated lifting!

The ballband bow presents were a hit! Thanks for all the nice comments. One of the recipients has even asked if I would be willing to knit here some more dishcloths to match her kitchen. She did offer to pay me too. I'm going to try and knit her a few as a surprise over my days off. We'll see how that goes.

Thank you for the ideas on my abandoned project. The kitties will be getting a new little blankie for their bed over the next couple of days. I'm sure they will love it. The love laying on blankets around the house and the part I did have finished is more than enough for a kitty. I wish I's have thought of it!

I also got one more square for Lizard Ridge knit this week. This square was knit in Kureyon color # 95. I did split this skein and rewind into two separate balls so I could control the colors more. I think if I would have knit the skein as it was that the green would be missing. I like the idea of getting as many of the different colors in the skein into the completed square.


This makes six squares complete, which puts me a quarter of the way through if I follow the pattern of twenty four squares. I need to start getting the squares blocked. I won't have any space to do them all at once.

My husband and I are going to a small Christmas party tonight and I've go to take a dessert. So I've got to get that started. I'm making a pumpkin streusel cake. I'm hoping that turns out too.

5 comments:

Monika said...

Your Kureyon blanket will be faboulous!

Bezzie said...

Your lizard ridge is looking fabulous! I can't wait to see them all put together!!!

And that stepping stone!!! WOW! She'll love it!

Angela said...

The stepping stone is lovely...don't think it will end up in anyone's closet. The lizard ridge is pretty, too. Thanks for the camera advise, too, by the way...very helpful:)

Ang

Zonda said...

Gosh I love the stepping stone! Awesome work!

The LR is going to look great! :)

Anonymous said...

pretty square. i hadn't considered rewinding the balls to get the colors i wanted. hmmm .... i do have a couple of squares where the top portion kinda muddles together. i will eventually use all my little leftovers to make squares too.
i love the stepping stone. my mom made one for me last year. i can't wait to see what she's cooked up this year!