Friday, December 29, 2006

Fiber Friday - 2006 STR Club Finale

Just before Christmas I received two packages from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. The first was filled with a sock yarn splurge that I'll show later. The second was my final 2006 Rockin' Sock Club package. There were two lovely skeins inside. The first was Mustang Sally. This yarn is variegated reds and is so pretty.

The pattern for December was Winter's Eve, designed by Sivia Harding. You can see a sample of a finished sock on Knit Me's Blog. I love pattern. The pattern has a little bit of beading on the cuff and a cable going up the side. Very festive for the holidays. I've never done any beading and knitting - but the results look great! I will have to give this pattern a try.

The second skein is called Rare Gems and each skein is different. Mine is mostly made up of blues, purples, and turquoise. There is also a little shot of pink in one end. Both skeins are the light weight version.

These are the first pictures I've posted form my new camera. I know I have a long way to go to fully figure every thing out. These photos were taken in auto mode. I did have the external flash attached; which seemed to help with capturing correct color. I didn't really have to do any type of color correction. The new camera certainly is fun to use. Hopefully I can continue to improve my skills.

10 comments:

Zonda said...

Yay, you finally got your package! Your new camera is doing well! Gorgeous pics! I like your Rare Gems too! I want to do the beaded sock, so I'll be on the lookout for beads! :)

Anonymous said...

Great shots!! The yarn is gorgeous!

Angela said...

Gorgeous! Can't wait for my first STR kit!

Ang

Dave said...

Wow, double yum! Great shots, truly drool worthy. Your Rare Gems is gorgeous.

Bezzie said...

Hm, that pattern for the month sorta looks like a girly cowboy boot.

LOVE the yarn pics. I'm getting some serious camera envy ;-)

Bezzie said...

Hm, that pattern for the month sorta looks like a girly cowboy boot.

LOVE the yarn pics. I'm getting some serious camera envy ;-)

Lauren said...

I love the colors in Rare Gems, very pretty.

Anonymous said...

What great pr0n shots! I especially love the shot of Mustang Sally. Makes me want to reach through the screen and pet it.

Anonymous said...

Okay I'm drooling now! Love both the yarns!

turtlegirl76 said...

Everywhere I look I see Mustang Sally! Gah! It's too beautiful! Are they selling it to non members at all? Please tell me yes!