Friday, December 15, 2006

Fiber Friday - Longtime UFO

This yarn was one of my first purchases. It is Bernat Soft Bucle in Carnival Shades. Each skein is 140 grams. I bought it to try and make a shawl/wrap type item that I could use to curl up on the couch with. I wanted something soft and washable and since it was one of my first projects, I was looking for something inexpensive.

I have the project about halfway completed, but it has a mistake and needs to be frogged back; probably completely frogged. So it has been sitting in a bag in a closet for over a year. I think I need to decide what to do with it now - the time have come and I want the needles that are stuck in there!

I have two skeins that haven't been used at all. Two skeins is probably what has already been knit into the project too. So I'm thinking I'll save my needles and put the partially knit project in the trash. I actually still want to knit the project. I just don't think I can stand to frog what I have done and start over. It just seems much simpler just to toss the existing part in the bin and start over. Now I just have to get over throwing away perfectly good yarn.

6 comments:

Bezzie said...

Do your kitties have a cat bed? Could you just bind off whatever you have finshed and just toss it in the cat bed? Or maybe Sherman would dig it?

Anonymous said...

I would have done the same. That stuff is too hard to frog anyway!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors in that yarn. I agree with Bezzie - at least let the cats have a go with what you completed so far. Then you don't have to feel so bad about throwing away yarn.

Angela said...

I have several skeins of this (different color) I knit a nice hat for Emma which winded up fitting me instead:) Might use the rest for a baby sweater. I like the cat toy idea. Mine are always trying to play in my yarn!

Ang

Zonda said...

Nice colors!! Well if you can't bring yourself to frog it (don't blame you there!) an animal blanket..that's a great idea! :)

Anonymous said...

I've been trying really hard to just let things sit in "time out" for a week or so before rushing to frog, or in your case trash! I have made many rash ripping decisions, only to discover it could've bben saved. Just put it outa sight for ahwile, then decide.