Sunday, June 29, 2008

Saratoga Aubergine

I love this scarf! The pattern was easy to follow and really works well with the variegated yarn. I ended up with a great sized scarf for using only one skein of yarn. It did take me a couple tries to get the faux cable stitch to work right. But that all happened because I don't read - the directions are correct and actually very clear. I'm just one of those people that rush ahead without reading instructions.

I did try a number of different stitch counts for the cast-on to see if the pooling would change much. It did change a little when I decreased the stitch count, but not much. I didn't really want a wider scarf and I liked the way the yellow zigzags up the scarf so I went with the 34 stitch cast-on as written in the pattern. I'd definitely knit this one again.

Project Info
Pattern: Aubergine by Irishgirlieknits (on Ravelry)
Yarn: Socks That Rock Heavyweight
color: Saratoga; one skein (I used all 350 yards)
Needles: addi TURBO Needles - US# 8 (5 mm)
Width: 5 inches
Length: 85 inches
Gauge: I didn't check
Notes: I followed the pattern as written; cast on 34 stitches

12 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Wow!! It looks so pretty!! I love seeing it in a different colorway! Great job!

Trillian42 said...

Oh, wow! It looks fantastic - I love the way the pooling happened.

Zonda said...

Love it! Way to use some sock yarn up! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful scarf! I can't believe you got such a good sized scarf out of 350 yards!

LadyLinoleum said...

Looks fabulous and the yarn is gorgeous!

turtlegirl76 said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love that stitch pattern with the variegated yarn. Even better that it's STR. =)

Monika said...

It's a very nice scarf!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

very pretty! I like it!

Anonymous said...

It look sooo soft! Nice job!

I do the same thing with directions. For some reason, I think I already know how to do something! I'm often proven wrong.

Jennie said...

I really like all the colors. Super cute!

Anonymous said...

The scarf looks great and I think the length is really good for one skein. I may do the same thing with some of my stash of sock yarn.
After you were here last month I think I can truly say that I have an actual "stash" now. I have a larger fabric stash but it won't take long for the yarn to catch up.

Batty said...

That looks amazing with this yarn! Beautiful scarf, it came out perfect.