Well, I haven't been spinning a lot lately, but I did manage to knit a small project with some of my handspun. I decided to try out knitting a cowl. They seem to be extremely popular and I have several skeins of handspun that are just the right yardage for such a project.
This came out okay. It's very soft, but maybe a little large in both height and diameter. It doesn't fit as snugly as I think it is supposed to either. Also it is probably a little heavy for the weather here, so I'll have to save it for when we travel to arctic climates. I probably won't wear it, but I'm not going to frog it either. It is going to be put in the hall closet.
The idea of a cowl seems a little strange to me at first, but I've never been extremely fond of turtlenecks and things that sit up against my neck. I don't think I'll knit any more cowls that are this heavy - but I might try one with a lighter weight yarn; maybe a dk or sport weight and see if I like that better.
Pattern: Cherry Garcia by Hello Yarn
Yarn: Geddesburg Handpsun Yarn
color: Blackthorn; dyed by Pigeonroof Studios
1 skein: 4oz/132 yards: 8-9 wpi
Needles: addi TURBO Needles - US# 11 (8 mm)