Friday, February 29, 2008

Fiber Friday - Sweet Baby

I finally settled on the Feather & Fan Comfort Shawl for this mixed up bunch of handspun. This skein will be the fourth out of five skeins. I'm actually really looking forward to starting this project. I'm just trying to get the knitting on Halfobi finished first.

There isn't much new with this spinning project to talk about. I didn't try any new techniques, I'm just trying to make sure the weight of the yarn matches what is already spun up. The colors aren't too exciting or anything, but I like the pink and brown tones of the yarn. I think it works well with the green, brown, and blue colors I have waiting.



Details
Brand: Geddesburg Handspun Yarn
Content: 100% Bluefaced Leicester
Fiber Source: The Fiber Denn on Etsy
Skein Weight: 4.5 ounces
Skein Length: 286 yards
Spinning Ratio: 10 to 1
Plying Ratio: 9 to 1
Other Details: 2-ply, hand wash

14 comments:

Monika said...

Can't' wait to see this shawl! I like this yarn too. You wont believe, that I just spun some yarn from FatCatKnits in the colorway "Cobblestone" which are the same colors. But I made a 3-ply and added Silver Dollar as the third ply. I had some leftover from the Cobblestone and made a 2-ply which looks like yours. :o)

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous handspun! It will look awesome in that shawl.

gilraen said...

That is one shawl I wait with bated breath on!! The spun yarn looks fantastic :)

Anonymous said...

That will be beautiful! I started another one in handspun yesterday, but didn't plan out what yarns to use when. I started the second color last night and I don't like it. You're smart to think ahead!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

THese are sooooo my colors! Love love love the pink and brown! It is going to be one gorgeous shawl!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

I think it looks great. I can't wait to see the shawl!

cpurl17 said...

Your talent knows no bounds!! That skein is so pretty! That is going to be a gorgeous shawl!!

Bezzie said...

That's a great idea for all your handspun! I like the muted colors of this latest hank.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty yarn. I'like your idea for a shaw; it'll be beautiful.

Batty said...

It's going to make a very pretty shawl. I love the colors.

Stacie said...

looks so soft and comfy! great job.

Anonymous said...

Boy that pink and brown looks yummy. I agree with everyone else that the shawl will be a knockout.

Zonda said...

Just gorgeous! Can't wait to see that shawl!

mel said...

This is lovely Shannon!! Would you bring some of your lovely skeins to TT to show off? If you don't mind the fondling they would receive, of course ;)