Thursday, October 29, 2009

Handspun Friday - Woodland Violet

I'm behind on everything, including all my knitting and spinning projects. But I do have a new handspun to share this week.

I made a two ply yarn out of Corriedale with the intentions of knitting a shawl of some type. The colors are a little more muted than I normally choose and the yarn is even a little more muted than the fiber was. Probably even a little more than I expected, so I'm anxious to see how it knits up.



Geddesburg Handspun Yarn

Fiber: dyed by Maisy Daisy
Content: 100% Corriedale (combed top)
Weight: 8 ounces
Yardage: 662 yards
WPI: 12 wraps per inch
Notes: 2-ply; handwash

7 comments:

Dave said...

It's always interesting how colours change as they take on different forms. These soft colours should be wonderful in a shawl, without obscuring a stitch pattern.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised more often than not with the color my yarn turns out to be. That is beautiful!

p.s. if it's too muted for you, feel free to send it to me :-)

Anonymous said...

pretty!
I like the bunny ears, too.
mdknitr

Zonda said...

It is so pretty though!

Batty said...

Very classy. Subtle yet interesting, I like it.

Chris Mellang said...

I just adore how this turned out.
The colors work so well together, subtle but eye catching.

Anonymous said...

Oh MY!

I had missed the most recent Swissy pix until now! Soooo cute - almost as cute as a "baby with Swissy " shot would be.


Also, I really like the handspun called "Norway" - missed that, too.
mdknitr