Friday, October 02, 2009

Handspun Friday - Melancholy



I love the blues and purples in the fiber and the way they twisted together into a three ply. I actually started this spin back in the summer during the Tour de Fleece, but am just getting around to photographing and posting photos.




I don't have much to share about this particular spinning project. I stripped the top into thin strips and weighed out three equal piles of fiber. I spun each pile onto a separate bobbin and then plied the three together.



I really like the finished weight of this yarn, and the roundness of a three ply always makes me smile.

Geddesburg Handspun Yarn
Fiber: dyed by Funky Carolina (Club Fiber)
Content: 100% Super wash Merino (combed top)
Weight: 4 ounces
Yardage: 228 yards
WPI: 13 wraps per inch
Notes: 3-ply

5 comments:

Bezzie said...

You are such an awesome spinner--me, I just dive in all willy nily!!!!!! Love it!

Sara said...

Beautiful! Love the colors.

Rasa said...

Beautiful yarn...now what are you going to create with it:)

Zonda said...

Lovely colors!!

Theresa said...

Ohh, I love those colors! :)