I can't believe it! I've knit a total of twenty four of these little squares. The square in the photo above is Kureyon color # 163. The color appears fairly accurate on my monitor but there seems to be a depth to the color that is missing. I think this is one of my favorite squares. The colors remind me of deep ocean waters and algae.
When I started this project, I had in mind that I would knit an extra row across so that the finished blanket would be a little bit wider. But you know, with all my moaning about no finished objects, I've decided it is time to move onto the next step.
The square to the left was the last to be finished! It is in Kureyon color # 183.
Now I've got to block twenty four of these squares. I know I don't have a place to lay them all out at once. So I'll have to do it in stages. I want to make sure that they all end up the same size. I think that will make the seaming go a little bit easier.
I'm trying to figure out the best way to make a little grid that will be reusable so I can block them all the same. Maybe I can find something cheap in the Wal-Mart craft section.
I've still got to get some yarn for seaming and the border. I'm thinking that I'll use cascade 220 like the pattern call for - but I've still got to pick a color. I'll pick a color once I get all the squares blocked and laid out.
It's not finished - but I'm still giving myself a little hooray for getting this far.