Friday, May 18, 2007

Fiber Friday - Apricot Blush

This is another new sock yarn that is waiting patiently in the stash for me to try. It is from Black Bunny Fibers and is 70% merino/30% silk and the color is apricot blush. The skein weighs 100 grams and is approximately 440 yards.

This skein points back to the sock yarn collector thing I was talking about last week's Fiber Friday post. I've been kind of fixated on obtaining sock yarn that is somehow unique or new for me. This skein meets the criteria in two ways - the yarn has silk content and is from an independent dyer I've never tried before.

I'm really looking forward to trying this yarn out. It is so soft. I haven't decided on a pattern yet. But of course it will end up as socks at some point in the future. I just can't say when. I've decided something else too. You've heard of a ghostwriter? Well, if I ever win the lottery I might just have to hire a ghostknitter to help keep up with my sock yarn stash!

9 comments:

Batty said...

What a fitting name. This is beautiful yarn! I wouldn't go with the ghostknitter thing, though. What's the point of having so much pretty sock yarn when you're not the one knitting it?

IrishGirlieKnits said...

So pretty! You and me both are having the sock collecting problem (but is it a problem really?! its so pretty to look at?). Love this colorway!

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gosh. *Drooling all over my keyboard here*!!

turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh! She's got a new sock yarn! I love me some BBF. My citrus socks are made from it (just a wee bit too tight a gauge to appreciate the softness - 11 sti)

And the full size pics? *drool*

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

Thank yarn is gorgeous! And you take such great pictures, I'm always so impressed!

ps - tag you're it! visit my blog for more info

Anonymous said...

That's some gorgeous yarn!

Jess said...

I have to try this yarn! After these pictures how can anyone NOT want to buy it like right now!?

Anonymous said...

Auh! Another Indie Dyer sock yarn to try. This is absolutely my weakness.

What a great idea about the ghostknitter. That is the only way I'm ever going to keep up too.

smelk-o-matic said...

Verrrry nice...I love Carol's yarns. I have only bought two skeins ("fierce" and "eat your veggies"). The eat your veggies knit up pretty nicely.