Friday, May 25, 2007

Fiber Friday - Rio De La Plata

This is Rio De La Plata it is 100% wool and the color is a red brick and emerald green. I own five skeins of this and each skein is 140yard. It is from Uruguay and isn't too terribly soft; but it is nice. I don't think it is nearly as soft as Malabrigo.

I bought this yarn with an intent to felt. I was thinking it would make a nice felted bowl or maybe I could knit some type of textured panel that I could hang on the wall. But this yarn has been in my stash so long, I'm not sure what to do with it anymore. So, for now I've stuck it back in a plastic bin in the closet to await some inspiration.

15 comments:

eusebius said...

It does seem that it would felt beautifully. Maybe a bag? One can never have too many bags :)

Deb said...

But looking at it is so very nice too. Get it out of the bin and make a nice display!

Dave said...

Oooh, I love those colours. I like your idea of a felted bowl -- it'll be gorgeous!

Bezzie said...

It is freaking gorgeous that's for sure! I love the way you pose your yarn too.

Monika said...

The colors are quite beautiful! It's a shame just being stuck in the closet, but haven't we all goregous yarn waiting to be knit?

Anonymous said...

that manos looks absolutely gorgeous. i've gotta get my hands on some of that stuff!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

It's gorgeous! and I think it would make a nice bowl, those colors deserve to be on display!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn!

I like your idea of felting into bowls. This yarn would look fabulous in that!

I'd say go for it.

Mary, Mary... said...

My worry would be that it had 'holiday' stamped all over it--just a thought. Can't wait to see your Lizard Ridge!

cpurl17 said...

I think the colors are gorgeous. You are truly an 'artiste' when it comes to posing your yarn!

Zonda said...

Fabulous Colors! I agree, maybe a felted bowl (you knit good ones!) and it can serve as a holiday decoration too!

gilraen said...

It screams bag to me, but them I love bags.....lovely picture BTW :)

I love the deep rich shades in this yarn. :D

Anonymous said...

All these yarns that you're showing in your blog make me drool all over my keyboard - and this one is certainly no exception! To die for!

Jessica said...

So shiny. I think it would be neat to felt it and use it for some sort of Christmas decoration.

PURLPOWER said...

that is the kind of yarn colour combo that I go weak at the knees for!