I started knitting this while waiting on needles to knit my my husband's socks. The pattern calls for eighteen stitch markers. I tried some plain little rubber ring type markers first. They were grabbing my needles too much. It really slowed me down when I tried to move the work around the needles.
So I thought it would be fun to use all the pretty beaded stitch markers I've made and been given. While it makes for an interesting picture - it is a pain to knit with! The weight and bulk of these little things add up when you get eighteen of them on needles. In the end, I had to pull these off too. I'm using little strands of bright colored sock yarn as stitch markers. It isn't as pretty, but it is certainly easier to knit.
I use the beaded markers more when a project only calls for a few markers or one to mark the beginning of a round. I did go gathering up all the beaded stitch markers I have and realized that I have way to many stitch markers. And even if I lost half of them tomorrow, I'd still have more than I can use.
So Monika and Jessica, if you would like small mixed assortment of stitch markers send me an e-mail. I picked your names from the comments in the previous post because you both left a comment about the start of this new project.
This yarn had just been sitting all wrapped up on the kitchen table. So I needed to either go put it away or use it for a project. I decided to try the Clapotis pattern from Knitty. I've got three skeins of Lady Godiva that I will be using.
Jessica guessed that I was knitting Fetching. Although I want to knit those soon and it would have been a better choice for a quick project. I know the needles I'm waiting for will come this week and I should get started on those socks. Now I'll be in the middle of this new project and I have to finish it before I start those promised socks.