Friday, November 17, 2006

Fiber Friday - More CTH

I got this skein of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Potluck in blues/purples when I go the Red Hot and Green I posted a several weeks ago. I'm going to knit socks with it of course, when is the question. I love the colors in this skein.

I'm finishing up my second Anastasia sock and have to decide on a pattern to start as soon as those are finished. Earlier this week I ordered Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks for some inspiration on what to knit. I also have a copy of Barbara Walker's Treasury of Knitting Patterns on the way just in case I'm inspired enough to figure out my own sock pattern.

Trying to write up a pattern would be an industrious use of some vacation time I have coming up. Between my vacation days and the days off I get for the holidays, I will be off work three weeks at the end of the year. At least one of those weeks will be filled with family commitments and holiday stuff - but the other two will be all mine and I'm hoping for a lot of knitting time.

11 comments:

Bezzie said...

The days seem to be coming shorter aren't they?

Love those colors!!!!!

Anonymous said...

My favorite pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks is the Childs Shell Pattern. It was converted to an adult size in the book. Hope you have as much fun with your book as I have with mine....

Anonymous said...

what great colors! ooh, and I'm jealous of your time off. Just yesterday I was wishing for a week to knit and read to my hearts content!

Dave said...

Totally yummy yarn!

Bev in TN said...

First visit to your blog...clicked a hotlink for Norovember on another knitter's blog. Must confess to wicked coveting of your Kuryeon stash...a bit stalkerish, OCD of me, but I counted 32 (!) skeins. Can that be right?! Oh my, the abundance of it all. Yum, yum, wooly goodness.

Anonymous said...

Man is that gorgeous yarn! I LOVE CTH.

Thanks for the kind comment about my socks, by the way... I've added the pattern/yarn info to the post, in case you're interested. Thanks for asking!!

Zonda said...

That is some yummy colors! Can't wait to see the FO from them! :)

turtlegirl76 said...

3 weeks? I'm so jealous. I'll be going home from the 20th-28th. I think I may go insane by the 22nd. One can only hope my knitting will save me!

String said...

thank you for your comment, i look at your Yarn p0rn and had to bookmark your site immediately. so lovely.

Angela said...

Hey, Shannon...

They had Koigu at Great Yarns when I was there yesterday. It was in the sock yarns. Just a little FYI:) Love that CTH! Mmm-mmmm....

Ang

Anonymous said...

My gosh, this is so absolutely amazing - I'm totally in love with these colors! Beautiful!