Friday, November 03, 2006

Fiber Friday and Norovember

I joined the Norovember knit along after reading about it on Zonda's blog. I have so much Kureyon stashed away for felting projects and I've been looking to start one - this seemed like a good opportunity. So today, as part of Norovember and Fiber Friday, I'm offering up some shots of the Kureyon that I have stashed away. The photo above is of color #126. I have 6 skeins of this stashed away.

Up next is Kureyon color # 147. I have 13 skeins of this stashed away. I bought it to make a large felted tote bag.

This is color # 164 and I have four skeins stashed away, but no idea what I'm going to do with it.

This is Kureyon color #88 and I have nine skeins. I originally bought it to make a felted bag - but I've been thinking I can only carry so many bags. So maybe it is going to become a felted table runner. I bought all the Kureyon on sale last year after a couple of successful felting projects and I went a little nuts. The store had a good sale and walked out with a large shopping bag.

I'm hoping to start a Noro project this weekend. I also have several odd balls of Kureyon sitting around, so I'm thinking I might start a Lizard Ridge Afghan too. I love the colors of Kureyon and the way it stripes, but it is a little scratchy next to the skin - so I'm not sure how I'd like a whole afghan out of it. But If I made one and didn't like it I could always felt it into a throw rug.

8 comments:

Zonda said...

Lovely colors! With all that you have is it enough already to do Lizard Ridge? And you are so right, You can always felt it! ;)

Bezzie said...

I like the idea of a felted rug.

But then again it's almost too pretty a yarn to put on the floor!

turtlegirl76 said...

Mmm...noro.

Unknown said...

Love your Kureyon shots! Once you start those Lizard Ridge squares you won't be able to stop. I'm addicted despite all my whining at the outset. In fact I keep my Kureyon stash at the office or that's all I'd work on at home. Ridiculous, huh?

Mary, Mary... said...

I was going to make a felted throw with all of my Noro. Lovely pics!

Anonymous said...

#147 is a teriffic color- so many projects - never enough time!!!

Anonymous said...

great pics! beautiful yarn!

Sarah said...

Those are so cool!

I'd love to make some one day.

The moon one is my favorite by far!