Friday, July 21, 2006

Rockin' Sock Club - July Edition

I received the July installment for the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock club today. The yarn is lightweight STR (Socks that Rock) in a new color called Peaseblossom. The colors are great in pink, kind of a jade green, and a periwinkle type blue/purple. Of course, a small matching emergency skein was included too.

The pattern is great! It's called Crunchy Granola and was design by Peace & Love. It is a short anklet sock with a mesh type pattern. The sock pattern also uses a short row heel, so that is what I will be learning on my next pair of socks!

There was also a temporary tattoo and club contest too. The contest involves submitting a name for the other colors in this series. There are clues everywhere as to the theme that they used to come up with Peaseblossom. Peaseblossom was a fairy in A Midsummer Night's Dream. There is also an extra clue on the back of the ball band with the washing instructions. The mystery word on mine is Lovepotion. hmmm. The notes say that these colors are part of a "midsummer series". Well the notes go even further if you read them - so no one should miss these clues. The best names will be voted on and the person coming up with the winning name will get a skein of that color! Now, just to think of a name!

I'm working on last month's socks. I have both cuffs done and I'm knitting the heel on the first sock. I plan to spend my knitting time this weekend trying to finish these up so I can get started on the new pattern.

Now here is the obligatory close-up.

6 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Okay, I am so drooling over here...slurp...

Zonda said...

Me too! I tried not to look, I really did! ;)

Sniff, I am only about 1 1/2 hrs from you and no yarnage yet.. maybe Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Lucious!!!

Bezzie said...

Hee hee! It's too funny that the model the sock called "Crunchy Granola" on a foot wearing Birkenstocks! Yes, I'm easily amused. Gorgeous yarn for them!!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic pix! What kind of camera do you use?

sgeddes said...

My camera is a Sony model number DSC-F707. It is several years old but takes nice pictures.

Shannon (sgeddes)