I have mentioned these socks in several posts and "promised" to have them finished by the next post. I did that to spur me on to finish them. But it didn't work. I keep picking up something new. Like the afghan - and that is going to a huge project.
I really want to get these socks finished to free up some needles to cast on a new sock project too. All my sock sized needles are stuck in current projects. I just got the new Sock Club kit and I want to try the Anastasia Socks that Mintyfresh posted on her blog. It is a great looking pattern and I have koigu just sitting around begging to be pulled out of the stash. So I must stay focused to get these done.
But the end is approaching and I am beginning to see the end of this project. One sock is complete and I am knitting the heel flap on sock number two!
I've really had only one problem with the pattern so far. That isn't the fault of the pattern at all. I just didn't actually read the pattern correctly. I sat down on Sunday morning to knit the heel flap of the second sock. When I was about halfway done with the flap, I realized that it didn't match the flap on sock number one. Hmmm.
Well I finally figured out what happened. On the second sock, I was following the pattern as written. The first sock, not so much. The pattern indicated a two row repeat for the flap and I misread the first row. The pattern said to slip 1, purl across row, turn. What I did was to *Slip1, purl 1, repeat from * across row.
It doesn't look bad though and I wanted the heels to match so I started the second heel flap over and made it to match the first. It did create a pretty thick flap, but on the bright side, I don't think I'll ever wear a hole in the heel.
Well I hope to have these finished by this weekend, but I'm not promising!