Saturday, April 01, 2006

Flash Your Stash - 2006

Alright, it's finally April 1st and time to show everyone what's been stashed away in my closet. I tried to concentrate on the yarn itself when taking pictures. You won't see my closets or the mess that took over my craft area. So there are lots of close ups of the yarn in my stash, just a lot of good yarn pr0n.

I didn't want to post all the individual photos I took of the stash to my blog, that could have taken forever. So, I made a single image from some of the pictures I took. You can view the entire set of pictures by visiting my photo set of flickr. You can also view it as a slide show. If you are in slide show mode, just click once on a picture and it will show a description I entered of each yarn.

My stash is certainly not that large, especially compared to some. But I've been knitting for about one year now and I just can't continue to stash at the current rate. I've been on a yarn diet since January. My goal for the year is to use up as much of the stash possible. Of course, that means I'll get to replace it all when I'm finished.

To make the image above, I used the Mosaic Maker from fd's Flickr Toys. A friend of mine made one using close up face shots of her new little girl. She put it up as a screen saver at work. It's really cute. I thought about getting a mouse pad printed up with my stash mosaic picture. It would brighten up my cube space at work. It was really easy to use. You can select the number of images you use by selecting the number of columns and the number of rows.

If you've got some time, take a look at the stashes of all the other flashers are posting today.

14 comments:

chacha / Jen said...

Your stash is so colorful! Wonderful pictures! :)

cpurl17 said...

I love all the beautiful colors!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! You have some truly gorgeous yarns, makes me want to go shopping. :)

Elizabeth said...

You get the award for most yarn-ographic post! Lovely work on your pics. And mouth-watering yarns you've amassed.

snowdrop said...

This is such a beautiful stash!

thomasina said...

That is definitely a beautifully-composed picture. And the flickr toys is a wonderful resource - I've spent far too much time playing with it!

Anonymous said...

Great colors! Wonderful yarns!

rania said...

wow, thats so pretty!

Carolyn said...

It's quality not quantity ;)

Lovely stash, so pretty.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Great colors! Nice Yarno!

Persnickety Knitter said...

Very impressive. What lovely artistic shots. You've sure got some beautiful yarn there.

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Your pictures are like Artwork ... so pretty to look at. Doesn't have to be a lot or SABLE ... just luscious!
Happy knitting.

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorites - great stash and beautiful beautiful yarnography! Truly, well done.

Bezzie said...

Love the mosaic! So tasteful and artistic!!