Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Projects in Progress

Even though I haven't been blogging much and I've lacked motivation to actually do much knitting and spinning; I've actually got a few things going on. This first project is a nice light cotton summer sweater. I've got wool for several sweaters sitting in my stash, but I couldn't get motivated to start any of those projects. So I did what lots of knitters would do, I bought different yarn to see if that would jump start my knitting. This is Ty Dye yarn from Knit One Crochet Too. It is the first time I've used this yarn and it's knitting up into a nice fabric; no more splitty than any other cotton yarn. The pattern is easy enough so far and will require minimal seaming.

I also joined in the spinning for the Tour de Fleece. The goal is to spin each day that the Tour de France race is running. I was hoping this would put me back in a spinning mind set and I can honestly say that I've spun everyday so far. This photo shows some of my efforts from the first couple of days. I've actually got these bobbins plied and a new set of bobbins started. My personal goal this year is to work through as much of my stash as I can. The photo only represents 12 ounces of fiber - I've got a long way to go!

I got my sock yarn traveling scarf back and I love it! I just need to get it bound off and photographed so I can show it off. But in the mean time I decided to go ahead and join two more scarf groups because I had so much fun with the sock yarn group. The first group is with a cable theme. It will be interesting to see how the different cable sections come together. Plus I really don't knit a whole lot of cables so it will be good practice.

The second scarf group is a lengthwise knit group. I've always wanted to try a scarf knit like this and I think it is a great idea for a varied group of knitters. My scarf will be all garter stitch and I think the fact that it is knit lengthwise will camouflage any gauge differences. Anyway, hopefully by winter I'll have a couple new scarves to throw in the lineup.

3 comments:

Bezzie said...

That bolero would be be great to show off some handspun too!

I like the ponytail holder needle holders ;-).

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Love the two traveling scarves you have started! And the sweater...what a pretty color- perfect for you!

Zonda said...

Nice new scarves! Gosh, I wished I had gotten in on the lengthwise group!