I was also able to get a small baby hat out of the leftovers. I'll put this one in the Hats for Alex bag I've got going. The hat is small but should fit a newborn. I didn't really follow a pattern for this, just started at the bottom with a little 2x2 ribbing and worked my way to the top and finished off with a little bit of icord.
I also had enough yarn for an afghan square too. I've had a couple people ask about the squares, so I'll make a post this week or next that describes how I make the squares.
Pattern: Ampersand Socks from Through the Loops!
Yarn: Socks That Rock - medium weight
color - Chapman Springs
Needles: addi TURBO - US# 3 (3.25 mm)
Notes: Changed pattern to go toe up and use a short row toe and heel