Monday, March 24, 2008

A Quick Diversion or Two

I was knitting on the two shawls I currently have on the needles and my attention started to wonder to other things and projects that I wanted to start. So I decided that I needed to take a break and start a small project that I could finish very quickly.

I thought this would help satisfy my desire for a finished project and then let me get some focus back to continue working on my shawls.

This hat is the result. I used the Amanda Hat pattern from Sleepy Eyes Knitting. I followed the pattern and was able to finish this in one evening. I used the US 9 needles that the pattern called for and the hat fits fine, but is a little on the large side. If I knit the pattern again I'll go down on needle size.

I loved knitting with the worsted weight Wollmeise Merino. It's soft and squishy. I now have two and a half skeins of this color left and need to figure out something - maybe a nice long scarf to go with the hat.

I also decided to pop off a quick baby hat with some leftover sock yarn. This one is knit with Socks That Rock Sock Candy in the kiwi color. Anyway, the hat diversion worked. I'm back to working on my shawls. I'm expecting to have the feather and fan shawl ready for show next week.

Project Info
Pattern: The Amanda Hat by Sleepy Eyes Knitting
Yarn: Wollmeise Merino-lammdochtwolle; color rhabarber
Needles: addi TURBO - US# 9(5.5 mm)
Notes: no modifications were made while knitting this pattern; just over half a skein was used (about 58 grams)

14 comments:

Lauren said...

The hats are really cute.

I totally understand the need for a quicky or two.

cpurl17 said...

Adorable!

Anonymous said...

The hats are adorable. I was in the same situation over the weekend as far as bored with what I was doing. Then I figured it out- it wasn't the knitting I was bored with it was the basketball games. I just put in a movie and continued on.....

Knitting Bandit said...

Love the hat...love the yarn. I am about to finish a pair of socks in the Rhabarber color. I hope to someday get a skein or two of the Merino--lammdochtwolle in the same color for a hat/scarf set. With my matching socks. Might be overload with that color but it is gorgeous!

Bezzie said...

Sometimes those little hats are just what you need to get the mojo working for other projects. Plus you get a couple of really cool hats!

Monika said...

Oh, such pretty colors, the Amanda hat looks lovely. The baby hat is very cute.

gilraen said...

I really like them both, but I love the Wollmeise colours!!!

Zonda said...

Love both of them, beautiful colors!

eusebius said...

Such lovely hats! I must try this Wollmeise ... just exquisite colourways everytime I see it used.

Batty said...

Beautiful hats! The colors are gorgeous, if I had to pick a favorite, I'd have a tough time of it.

Jennie said...

Great hats!

jackie said...

ha! i just printed the pattern for the amanda hat yesterday--i have a skein of malabrigo with that pattern's name all over it. i keep thinking that the stitch pattern on the holding hands, feeding ducks pattern would look fabulous with this hat--maybe an idea for your extra yarn...

your stuff is so pretty! i am still drooling over the yarn you are using for the feather and fan shawl.

jackie said...

ps--i have made like 5 hats this month. i have hat fever!!!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

you always have the prettiest yarn!