The knitting on Halfobi is finished. I know just have to block and seam it up. I need to make a trip to the LYS to find something for seaming and an edging. The pattern calls for a single crocheted edge. I'm considering adding an applied i-cord instead. The hard part will be picking out a color, but I should be able to come up with something.
I finally started a project with my handspun yarn. I didn't have this project planned when I bought the fiber, but as I spun each color up I realized that I could put them together and end up with something a little bigger than hat or a scarf.
I settled on the Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl pattern. I like how the colors are working together. I've been switching colors every few rows. I think I got quite a bit done, but by Sunday I was getting a little antsy and was looking for a different project to focus on for awhile.
So I decided to start a pair of socks. I went through my stash and settled on a skein of Socks That Rock in medium weight. I went looking for a pattern and decided to try out Ampersand from Through the Loops. I've only changed one thing so far. The pattern is written top down, but I decided to go toe up. I'm loving how quick these are working up on size US 3 needles! Such a treat after working on those zeros. I'll be interested in seeing how I like wearing these socks because I do think that they will be a little bulkier.
While I was selecting a skein of sock yarn, I ran across some Silk Garden I had put aside for the Lady Eleanor Stole from Scarf Style. So, I decided to start that too. This was one of the first projects I picked out when I learned to knit. I've always passed it by to start some other project though. I just assumed that entrelac would be difficult. Sunday was the first time I actually sat down and read through the pattern. I love the effect and it is surprisingly easy. Now I've just got to finish something!