Friday, March 07, 2008

Fiber Friday - Brazilianite

This is it - the last skein for my shawl. I've decided to go for the Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl pattern. There is something about the pattern I really like and maybe when I'm finished I'll change my mind about triangular shaped shawls.

I'm going to cast on for this project over the weekend. I'm really looking forward to knitting with some of my handspun. I knit a hat using some of my handspun before, but this actually seems a little more substantial and a better test.

I'm also going to do some spinning. I need to pull out all my stashed fiber and see what I can come up with. I'd like to go ahead and spin for another project but I also like just sitting down to spin up a random skein. It might also be nice to go ahead and take photos of all the fiber now so I can have before and after shots for spinning projects. Would it be interesting if I posted a picture of the fiber and finished yarn?

Details
Brand: Geddesburg Handspun Yarn
Content: 100% Bluefaced Leicester
Fiber Source: The Fiber Denn on Etsy
Skein Weight: 4 ounces
Skein Length: 250 yards
Spinning Ratio: 10 to 1
Plying Ratio: 9 to 1
Other Details: 2-ply, hand wash

5 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Oh, that's BEAUTIFUL! Really lovely. I can't wait to see how the shawl comes together!!

Lauren said...

I am really excited to see you start this shawl! It is going to be so lovely with all the yarn you've spun for it.

Anonymous said...

You're going to LOVE working on the shawl, especially with your handspun. I really enjoyed working on mine with Noro & other misc yarns.

Yes, definitely show before and after pics of your fiber and yarn.

Anonymous said...

When you show the before and after of the fiber and yarn be sure and keep a spot for the finished project...you'd have before-after-and later...
I can just hear you saying "Oh Mom!"

Monika said...

Lovely colors, and yeah, I'd like to see the fiber before and after. :o)