Tuesday, January 31, 2006

B is for Buttons - stored in a box


I have a lot more buttons than I thought. I found them last night when I was scouring the house for items to photograph that start with the letter B. The obvious choice was Brad, my husband, but he wasn't very excited to pose for a picture. So in the spirit of the game I tried to search out something more creative rather than put his mug on my blog today. Now granted, buttons aren't going to start an revolution, but out of the pictures I took last night - it came out the best. I tried a lot of different stuff - bubbles, batteries, beans, beads, and even Brie. I really liked the idea of the bubbles and might have pursued that further if it was summer. But being cold and not having any of the cool tools to make really big bubbles I opted to try soap and the kitchen sink. Needless to say it was very underwhelming. So buttons it is!

In the spirit of this ABC Along, I'll share a link to Gashlycrumb Tinies by Edward Gorey.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

WOW you have some gorgeous vintage buttons! What do you do with them? My mom gave me a bunch and I have used them as embellishment on a sweater design of mine, and since then I've just been fascinated with buttons.
sherritzej@cox.net
Jeanette

sgeddes said...

Most of these buttons came from ym mom too. Others I just picked up here and there. I've thought of a wreath, a collage, filling a lamp base...I want to do something great with them, but haven't come up with the perfect idea - so in the box they sit. And I can lay with them now and then.