I did take these project shots during class. While they don't look like a big improvement from what I was getting, I think I can incorporate some of the ideas into my pictures in the future. Hopefully I'll be able to get better shots and pass any successful ideas on to you.
One of the main things we did was turn off the flash on our cameras. I was really surprised how good the pictures came out, but the room was lit with a lot of overhead lights. I was surprised at just how much better the true color of my projects showed up in the photos just by turning off the flash. I will definitely be trying out more lighting options at home for my knitting photos.
The project is a pair of plain ribbed socks in some stashed yarn I had. The yarn got pulled out to work on one of the Traveling Scarves I knit a section for, so I decided to go ahead and use the rest for a pair of socks. I'll post some on the Traveling Scarf project next week.
This photo is of a gauge swatch, yes I finally knit a swatch, for the February Lady sweater. I'm using Sock that Rock Heavyweight in a color called Korppi and actually the color showed up pretty good in the photo. The base color is black and there are purple and green highlights through out.
Probably one of my more subdued color choices, but I think it will make a wonderful sweater. I picked out the buttons at the local LYS and have not yet made a decision to go forward with them or not. I still need to knit another gauge swatch. I have one on size 8s and I want to see one on 7s before I start the project.
This photo was taken in a makeshift light box and overall was the least successful for me, but it is also the technique I want to use at home the most. He showed us how to make a cheap light box at home with spending very little to no money. The lighting was a bit off for this version, but that would be very easy to correct at home. I'll post more about it once I gather the materials and put one together.
The project is a scarf knit from a skein of my hand spun yarn. It is a merino tencel blend. the scarf is working up quickly, so I expect to have the project complete (blocked and all) over the weekend. I have a new skein of hand spun to share on Friday and I'll have a Sherman and Scarlett update on Sunday.