Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Where do the Socks Go After the Knitting is Done?

It all started with Bezzie, who tagged Kay, who then tagged Zonda, who finally tagged me to show my sock drawer. My socks actually occupy one of the smallest drawers in my dresser. I need to clean out the dresser because I've got a whole drawer of t-shirts that need to sent off to the rag basket in the laundry room.

Some of my hand knit socks have migrated to a small Rubbermaid container that stays in the closet. I don't wear a lot of socks. I do buy those really short white ankle socks that I wear with my tennis shoes/sneakers. I have my hand knit socks and then a few odd pair of socks thrown in for good measure. The tabi socks are from Japan and I wear them with my flip flops on chilly days. I need to knit a pair of tabi socks sometime.

So, if you feel up to it, snap and share a picture of where your socks live!

6 comments:

Bezzie said...

I need to start graphing size of sock drawer with average temperature of the state you're in. Maybe it's cuz I'm from AK, but these teeny sock drawers blow my mind! Those side-knit STR pattern socks look great all nestled in there!

Zonda said...

Nice Socks in there!! Most of mine can't be worn right now either. Love those tabi socks!

Anonymous said...

My socks (not knitted ones, the normal, work ones) are folded, stacked, and set in on their sides--totally different from what you do! People are so individual in their sock treatment :) Perhaps I'll shoot the corner where my handknit socks live, too!

Batty said...

Beautiful socks! I buy the little white ones too because I'm not going to work out in something that took me weeks to make.

Anonymous said...

Interesting idea, I love the idea of sharing random info. My sock drawer is a mess. Recently I moved my handknit socks into another drawer (since I won't be wearing them for a few months).

Awhile ago I realized I have a bit of a sock fetish,similar to my bag fetish. In 2000 I did the Avon Breast Cancer 3 day 60 mile walk. There I learned about SmartWool socks. Ever since, that's pretty much what I wear for walking & exercise. Then I have light socks to wear when it's not too cold all the way up to polar fleece socks for the ultra cold days. A little bit more than you wanted to know, huh?:-) I'll have to share a pic of my drawer on Flickr.

Netty said...

Beautiful socks, Heidelore Strauch, Germany. I am slso knitting socks.