The teapot cozy is complete. I really have no idea how long this took to make. It really wasn't complicated or very involved. I just set it aside several times so it took longer than it should have. I think to took longer to felt and sew on the buttons than it actually took to knit the whole thing.
Here is the handle.....No, I won't sing the song. But this does show my least favorite part of the project. The hole for the handle is kind of loose and gaps a bit. I think if I did this again, I would make a small hole and enlarge it to the proper size after the felting was almost complete.
I did have to cut an inch off the bottom to make the length fit. I decided to do that after the felting was done. I just got out the scissors and snipped an inch off all the way around the bottom. It was felted enough that there was no raveling of stitches.
The cozy was just a little short to fit my tall orange teapot. I thought about stretching it, but decided I like the orange pot too much to cover up and this yellow teapot has a broken lid, so it was a perfect candidate for a cover.
I was pleased how well the hole for the spout fit. I didn't have to adjust that at all. I'm surprised how well the whole cozy actually fits the teapot. So all in all it was a successful project.
Now I just have to find a shelf to sit it on. I will admit this is the first knitting project I've made that has drawn strange looks from the hubby - but I guess I can't blame him. It is probably just a little too whimsical for his tastes.
Pattern: Tea Cozy by Susan Guagliumi
from Vogue Knitting on the go! Felting
Yarn: Noro Kureyon - color #126; 2 skeins
Needles: addi TURBO -US# 11
Pre felted Dimensions: 14" tall / 16" wide
Finished Dimensions: 8" tall / 9.5" wide
Pattern Modifications: I cut one inch of fabric off the bottom after the felting was finished.
Buttons: 39 (attached with sewing thread)