Thursday, June 28, 2007

Project Update and Meme Catch Up

My Kureyon tea pot cozy is ready to be thrown into the wash for felting. Hopefully I'll be able to get this little project finished this weekend. The cozy in the pattern has little buttons sewn all around, so I'll probably try and dig some buttons up for this too. Now, I'm just hoping it fits one of the pots after felting.

I've also been tagged for two memes recently. So I'm catching up with that too.

Eusebius tagged my with a List 4 Meme.

4 jobs I have had in my life
cookie decorator at mall cookie shop
clothing sales person
monitoring people on house arrest (by phone and computer)
wine bar hostess

These were all jobs I had in high school and college. I now dwell full time in cubical world in front of a computer monitor.

4 films I can watch again and again
Disney Cartoon movies from my childhood
Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wizard of Oz
Usual Suspects

I like re watching movies - it means I can knit more and pay less attention to the screen.

4 places I have lived
Indiana
North Carolina
New Mexico
Mississippi

Most of the time I live in either Indiana or North Carolina. The other two places almost don't even count.

4 TV series I watch
The Office
Top Chef
Boston Legal
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

4 places I have been on holiday
British Virgin Islands
Europe
Jamaica
Maine

4 things I do every time I am on the net
Check e-mail
Check bloglines
Read the front page of CNN
Check Flickr

4 things I would NOT eat for anything in the world
Any type of organ meat (yuck!)

I can't think of too much, I'll try almost anything once.

4 places I would love to be right now
Australia
Ireland
Galapagos Islands
Yellowstone

I'd love to be on vacation anywhere I haven't been yet been. A coworker went on a trip to the Galapagos Islands and had such a good time - I'd love to go. Where else can you see blue footed boobies?

Zonda tagged me with the Birthday Meme.

The rules are to go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday month and day only. Then post 3 events, 2 births and one holiday that occurred on your birthday.

My birthday is September 7, so here we go:

3 Events:

1927 - The first fully electronic Television system is achieved by Philo Taylor Farnsworth.
1979 - The Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) makes its debut.
1998 - Google was co-founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were students at Stanford University

I tried to pick some of the events that weren't too depressing and directly effect me now. I think the TV and Google items are obvious and anyone with a husband can probably guess the significance of ESPN.

2 Births:
1860 - Grandma Moses, American painter (d. 1961)
1936 - Buddy Holly, American singer (d. 1959)

1 Holiday:
Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822).

3 comments:

lynnm said...

How Funny! I used to decorate cookies at a cookie shop too. It wasn't by any chance Cookies by Design?

Anonymous said...

I'm anxious to see the cozy felted and on a pot. Looks good so far!

Unknown said...

September 7th is my birthday too! I had known about Grandma Moses, but not ESPN or Google. Pretty coo.

(I wonder when they launched ESPN2 - I am strangely fond of MetRx World;s Strongest Man)