Friday, June 01, 2007

Fiber Friday - More Koigu Please

This is more souvenir yarn from my trip home to Indianapolis. It is Koigu KPPPM in color number P111. And just because I always post the yarn specs, each 50 gram skein is 100% merino wool and approximately 175 yards. I think those details might be more interesting of helpful if the yarn is unfamiliar.

I bought this yarn because of the bright colors. I'm always drawn to fun colors like these. I got enough of this color to knit some type of scarf/shawl type thing. I wear a lot of black and neutral colors so I thought this would add a nice punch of color to my wardrobe.

I really have enjoyed wearing the shawls and scarfs I've already completed, so another one seems like a good idea. They can be complicated or as easy as you like. Plus gauge and fit won't totally wreck a project. I just need to wind up a ball and try a few stitch patterns to see what kind of gauge I get. That will let me estimate how large of a project I can make.

In the meantime, I've been knitting a bit on Wicked and some of the other projects I've got going while watching TV in the evening. But really, I'm just biding my time until I decide what project to cast on for next.

16 comments:

Knitting in Pink said...

Beautiful colors! I love your photographs!

Dave said...

Oooooh, we loves Koigu!

I don't think I've commented on your Fiber Fridays before, but I do always look forward to them -- luscious!

Sue J. said...

I do so love your Fiber Fridays. And IMHO one can never have enough Koigu. I, too, am drawn to bright, beautiful variegated yarns. Thank you so much for the beautiful pics. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

More yummy yarn! I like it!

So you got this yarn In Indy? I live in Greenwood now, but grew in Indy.

You're Hoosier! LOL

Batty said...

Yes, please! Lots! It's beautiful.

Stacey said...

that is some great color in that yarn!!!! even combining it with a neutral (black, off white) would make it really pop!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I want this colorway! :) I'm a color addict too. Ahhh I just love it so much!!!

Bianca said...

Beautiful colours in this yarn! I bet they will turn out into something nice!

Monika said...

Wonderful pictures of gorgeous yarn! Every time I see your chevron scarf, I go - Aah! I love to look at it, maybe you could put a picture on the side bar, so after the post is gone to the archives, I still can feast my eyes on it??? ;o)

eusebius said...

Waaahh! Koigu larger than life! The skein that ate Cincinnati! I can't handle the large-scale lusciousness ;)

cpurl17 said...

omgosh you should see what I posted today (except my photographs no where near compare to yours!)

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

gorgeous! just stunning!

Bezzie said...

Holy cow that DOES look like Cpurl's Friday yarn! Great minds think alike huh?

Zonda said...

Gorgeous!! Lovely colors!

gilraen said...

Beautiful colours there, and photographed professionally as always. KPPPM is a great yarn :)

I can really see that worn with black......:D

Anonymous said...

These colors are absolutely fascinating! Yummy!