Wednesday, June 21, 2006

First Knitty SP7 Package Arrives

My first package arrived today and it is perfect! Most of you are familiar with the Secret Pal idea. For the few that aren't - some of the readers at the Knitty Coffeeshop Forums set up a secret pal exchange. You sign up and fill out a fun questionnaire and are assigned a person to send wonderful surprises to and someone in turn sends wonderful surprises to you. You don't know the identity of the person sending you things until the end of the exchange (3 months/3 packages). It is a lot of fun trying to prepare a package that your pal will enjoy and of course it is always fun to get a surprise in the mail!

The package my pal sent to me couldn't have been better if I had been there pointing out exactly what for her to get. Check it out:

My Pal is calling herself Delia to keep her identity secret, and so far it is working. I haven't had one hint to her identity. Not even the postmark on the package had a location! The only thing I could think of when she shared her nom de plum, Delia, was the children's book character Amelia Bedelia. I loved those books when I was young. But I really don't think that it has anything to do with her. It only says something about the weird way my mind associates things.

Inside the package was a very nice note on a beautiful note card with a peony, one of my favorite flowers. There are some rubber ring stitch markers and a CHIBI darning needle set. Both are things I've wanted but didn't have. I drink tea everyday and there is a sampler of different teas for me to try out. I'll try out the first one tomorrow morning.

There are also two different kinds of dark chocolate. I love dark chocolate and I don't have to share because no one else in my house likes it. Perfect! I haven't tried either of these brands - and I can already report that the Green & Black's is very good. The picture above is very deceiving - some of that chocolate is already gone. And then of course there is the yarn. It definitely deserves it's own close-up shot.

This lovely specimen is Lorna's Laces Shepard Sport in the Sand Ridge color. I've been petting and squeezing this since I opened the package. Well, I actually did put it down when I got to the chocolate. I didn't want to spoil it with chocolate stains. Delia sent me two skeins of this and I'm very excited to try it out. I just have to figure out what to make. It would make some wonderful socks or she suggested a possible mini clapotis. That is a good idea too. And thanks to Delia, I have such a great decision to make. Thank you Delia for such a wonderful package!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you like it.

Anonymous said...

What is a "mini clapotis?" I guess my knitting vocabulary isn't what it should be. Sounds like a fun exchange game...