What you are looking at is what is left of my snowflake socks. I just couldn't make the pattern work. I was trying to use an eyelet stitch pattern from one of Barbara Walker's books. It just didn't want to work for me.
I did everything I know to do. The stitch pattern was of course written for flat knitting. So I followed the steps to convert it to a pattern for knitting in the round. All the wrong side rows had to be rewritten. I even created a chart to make sure I was doing it correctly. I found the part of the pattern that was the actual repeat and not the actual stitches.
But somewhere, something wasn't working out right. It could have been my translation of the pattern or it could have been something I was doing while knitting. But now we'll never know. I've frogged the sock and moved on. My goal was to complete the socks for the January Socktopia assignment. I have a few day left to try and get that done. I am still going to use the same yarn, but I'm settling for a simple garter rib pattern. We'll see how far I get over the weekend.