Monday, May 22, 2006

Rockin' Sock Club

I joined Blue Moon Fiber Art's Rockin' Sock Club a couple weeks ago when they sent out an e-mail announcing a few openings to people on the waiting list. I got my first package in the mail today! I'm really glad I decided to join. I got a great package and of course the center piece of the package is the new color - Fairgrounds.

I wasn't sure about the color when I first opened the box, it probably isn't a color I would have picked out for myself. But the more I look at the skein, I'm loving it. I can't wait to get it wound into balls and to get started knitting new socks.

Part of the package is a new pattern that was written with the new color in mind. The pattern is different than any I've ever seen before and I think it will be a challenge for me to knit. It is called Rock and Wave by Karen Alfke. It has a cuff that is knit separately in linen stitch. It's cute and there are a couple of buttons on the cuff too. I am going to use this pattern and the Fairgrounds color for my next socks. I'll get them started this weekend. I really think this club is really going to expand my skills and knowledge of different knitting techniques.

3 comments:

Zonda said...

Nice isn't it! I got mine Saturday! So soft! Awaiting word to extend now!

Anonymous said...

i'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

Socks sound cute, especially the cuff and buttons and the color is really nice. Can't wait to see the finished product... Good Luck!
Love, Mom