Thursday, May 29, 2008

Handspun Friday - Tea for Two

I had fun spinning this wool blend. It was nice and spongy like merino really. I'm not sure how much of the other wool types are represented in this blend. I bought this roving because I liked all the rich brown colors.


These skeins are destined to become a hat and probably thrummed mittens for Brad. I should have enough yardage for those two projects. I just need to get some fiber for the thrums. I think just about everything I have in my stash is dyed in bright colors. I think I'd like to find something more natural in a brown or off white.

This yarn ended up a little more uneven with more thick and thin sections than I've had in a while. I'm going to put that down to speeding through the whole process. This time I was just spinning to relax and go through the motions.

Geddesburg Handspun Yarn


Content: Wool blend of Merino, Targhee, and Rambouillet
Fiber Source: Crash into Ewe
Weight: 212 grams
Fiber Preparation: combed top
Yardage: two skeins; total of 530 yards
WPI: 10 wraps per inch (average)
Spinning Style: worsted
Spinning Ratio: 10 to 1
Plying Ratio: 10 to 1
Details: 2-ply

11 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Ooh... lovely stuff!!!

Monika said...

It's gorgeous as always! I would have had fun with this one too. Like the roving, and the finished yarn. I would use natural white for the mittens too.

Deb said...

The roving is absolutely beautiful - I would have had a hard time passing it by. Of course the final product is just as lovely. About how much time a week do you spend spinning?

Anonymous said...

Another winner! Each week just gets better and better. I think you are right about the natural white for the thrumming. The roving is stunning.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, as always! That's going to make a nice looking hat and mitten set.

Bezzie said...

I keep scrolling down--if this yarn had a bit more dark brown in it it would be Sherman colored!

Unknown said...

Love the finished yarn. I like "thick and thin" yarn, makes for interesting knitting and texture, and doubly so when it's richly colored with great contrast. You have a good eye - I would never have imagined the roving would spin up as it did.

Dave said...

Mmmmm ... good enough to eat!

Zonda said...

Beautiful!! Love it!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

oooh those rich browns are amazing!

mel said...

This is amazing! I love the variegated shades of brown - It reminds me of chai tea (and now I want some except that it's like 102... ick!) I think this is my favorite - no wait, one of my favorites, I don't think I could pick just one!!