Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Back to Knitting

I have been doing a little bit of knitting, but honestly not a whole lot. I had hoped to be a lot further along with this project than I am. This is the Portland Sweater I'm knitting out of Noro Sakura. I've been sidetracked by the holidays and this new interest in spinning. but I have made a little bit of progress on this project. I had hoped to finish this sweater by Christmas - but that isn't looking too good.

I've got one sleeve finished and I'm ready to begin the shoulder part of the second sleeve. The sleeves really account for a good portion of the top of the sweater too. And the body will be plain stockinette stitch - so there is a chance I'll get it done by the end of the year I think.

I love the yarn and the way it is knitting up. I wouldn't have thought I would like it so much from just seeing it in the skein. Realizing that made me wonder why I even bought this yarn. I'll have to be more careful of that type of purchase in the future.

I've taken this project out and about with me for mobile knitting. Almost everyone that has commented on the project has asked about the little wormy slubby bits in the sweater and want to know how I did that part. they are always amazed when I show them that's just part of the yarn. It's kind of fun to have non-knitters look at your projects with amazement and think you are doing something special or magic. It would be nice if everything was like that.

6 comments:

Monika said...

So true. Sometimes ignorant questions of non knitters, make me go "huh?" What do you mean?
Things which are totally normal to me, amazes others. :o)
The sleeves are looking good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you to get it done by the end of the year.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

The yarn is knitting up beautifully! This is going to be one gorgeous sweater!

I can't wait to be done with holiday knitting! Your spinning is looking fabulous too :)

gilraen said...

It is georgeous!!! You will be swamped by admirers wearing it! :D

turtlegirl76 said...

Ooooh that is knitting up very pretty! It's really hard to judge Noro when it's still in the hank/skein. Until you see it in action...

Mary, Mary... said...

I'm sitting on some Sakura and it may be a Cherry Blossom shawl mixed w/lotus and may not--it's a stepchild in my yarn stash. You're spinning! You're doing great, but it's a slippery slope...this coming from "Miss ounces/grams--what's the diff?"

Anonymous said...

OMG tat is simply awesome!! Thanks for sharing with us.
keep up the work.
www.lifeinfozone.com/category/science-technology/